This past winter I received an email from one of the founders of Talking Tackle depth Whisperer. This led to our talking by phone and my hearing again a not too uncommon story about the potential benefits of having a talking depth sounder aboard a boat. These guys decided enough talk, and did something about it.
The product they invented is one of the best examples of audio technology being applied to a fish finder that I’ve come across in the past eight years. The voice is pleasant, the controls are simple to understand, and the technology is relatively easy to install. I now use the talker on my HobieCat, Porta-Boat and Ranger fisherman and love it. The nice thing is, so do my fishing buddies.
The technology features:
- Weather and water resistant
- Easily mounted nearly anywhere on boat with DUAL-LOCK tape (provided)
- Cable provided for connection to 12 volt cigarette lighter plug
- Power-on/processor-active indicator
- 3.5 mm audio output port for connection to alternative speaker devices
- Volume adjustable too easy to hear 85 decibel output
- Verbal output menu selection system
- Customizable time interval between VERBAL depth announcements
- Customizable VERBAL Shallow Water Alert and Bottom Structure Alert
- VERBAL Low Boat Battery Alarm
- Tracks Bottom up to 450 feet
Yes, you read correctly, this device will even tell you if your cranking battery is starting to run low – how cool is that.
For more information about this technology I strongly suggest you visit their website where you can see and hear it function for yourself.
Anchors up, Lawrence